In the words of one couple who recently decided to buy a new construction home:
“It took about six months of searching real estate listings before my husband and I settled on buying a new construction home.
The properties in our price range would all need significant updates and renovations to get them looking how we wanted, and when you’ve already spent big on the purchase price, it’s hard to find the extra funds for customization and add-ons.
Deciding to build a new construction home was the easy part.”
6 Reasons To Buy A New Construction Home:
- Brand new home versus a “used” home. Enough said.
- Exterior and interior customization – This is your opportunity to have those practical & very usable items that would make your living much easier. These may include a garage, main floor laundry, that ensuite or walk-in closet, open concept living and more.
- Energy efficiency – Such an important item to make the most of. Todays high energy efficiency homes can save you thousands of dollars in the coming years. Something to consider is the money saved in a new energy efficient home can be put to better use than where it’s going in an older home today.
- Less maintenance costs in the first few years – A newly constructed home will require very little maintenance for several years and few major items replaced for many more. Surprise repairs will be a thing of the past enabling you to make family plans with budget stability for family planning.
- Neighbourhood benefits – Your new home may well be closer to schools and recreation that will enhance not only your life as a parent but that of your children. Sometimes, what were once slower posted streets turn into bustling thoroughfares. Opportunity here for you to consider your new neighbourhood’s future plans before buying.
- Value & your investment – Did you know a newly constructed home goes up in value much faster than an existing home? Generally, after the 7th or 8th year of a homes construction the value growth slows. This being said, those first years in the new home, your equity will grow at a vibrant pace. Some of the reasons for this are the filling in of the neighbourhood with new homes, trees and gardens maturing.
Oh, the smell of new lumber, the opportunity of choice (your style, your size, your colours, your location) and the excitement of seeing your home creation coming alive Such moments don’t come along too often in life and it truly is something to enjoy with your entire family.
How: Visit us at www.theporches.ca or contact Chris Vardy directly at 709-682-9675 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange an appointment to discuss the many options available right now.
Escape to St. Philips. Step up to The Porches.